Join us on March 9th at VE–Bloomington to Climb For A Cause benefiting the American Cancer Society (ACS) and the Access Fund. The event goes overnight from 7pm to 7am with at least one person per team to be climbing at a time showing that ‘cancer never rests’. A representative from ACS will be at the event to talk about their mission and to accept donations. Registration is $45/ individual with proceeds going to the ACS. Climbers can register on our website, at the facility or by calling us. Forming teams with friends is encouraged. We will have a raffle and activities including: Basic Top Rope Skills lesson, competition-based games, non-competitive activities, rappelling, and more!
Schedule of Events
- 6:30p – 7:30 pm Check-in: Participants may arrive early that day for orientations and belay tests.
- 7:00 pm Event begins!
- 8:00pm-10: 00 pm Basic Top Rope Skills Class (12 max students. 14age minimum to participate) with John (Class Instructor-Master). First come, first serve. Must sign up at front desk asap.
- 8:00 pm to 3:00 am Red Bull Pong in our Half Dome room. Bracket will be posted and pairs can sign up/compete at any time. Winners will be announced at 3:20 am. Players may continue to play after competition ends.
- 9:00 pm Youth Tug-of-War Competition (with buckets) in Groups Area.
- 10:00 pm Adult (18+) Tug-of-War Competition (with buckets) in Groups Area.
- 10:15 pm Basic Movement and Technique Lesson with Jordan (Personal Trainer Guru) in B1.
- 11:00 pm Youth Speed Climbing Competition (A] 4-9, B] 10-13, C] 14-17) in the Groups Area.
- 11:30 pm Announcement from our American Cancer Society Representative.
- 12:00 am Adult Speed Climbing Competition (18+) in the Main Room.
- 1:00 am – 2:30 am Slackline in B1. No bouldering over the slack line.
- 1:00 am – 1:30 am Headlamp Climbing in Main Room (30 minutes, no Leading).
- 1:30 am – 2:00 am Headlamp Climbing in Groups Area/Silo (30 minutes, no Leading).
- 2:00 am Pull Up Contest / Exercise Competitions with Jordan.
- 2:30 am Prizes announced. Raffle for Prizes (1 ticket per participant, $2 cash for each additional ticket) Please select your prizes by 2:15 am.
- 3:30 am Lights Out in B1 and/or B2 for relaxing and hanging out if folks are interested. No more bouldering at this time.
- 6:30 am Last Climb announced. Start finishing your climbs. Please do not start a new climb.
- 7:00 am Event Ends.
Continuous Events throughout the evening:
- Lots of Climbing!
- Board Games in our El Capitan room. Feel free to bring games! Must be family-friendly.
*At this time, this is the preliminary schedule of events. It is possible that times may change, and events may be added, removed or adjusted prior to the event.
If you are unsure about the status of the participants, please contact VEB at 952-881-1110 to check the status of your waiver, image release, facility orientation, and belay qualifications!
Feel free to contact Alex G with further questions at email@example.com