Nicros, Inc. prides itself on offering the finest climbing wall products and services in the climbing industry (climbing walls, design and engineering, training, handholds, and all supporting products) since 1992. Nicros has been a leader through innovation, high-end design, and construction techniques for climbing facilities, climbing walls, the development of new handhold and fitness resources, along with providing quality professional training and services to our customers.
Vertical Endeavors operates several of the best-equipped and carefully designed indoor climbing facilities in the nation with multiple locations throughout the Midwest. People of all ages and abilities enjoy the fun and challenge of this physical activity. Our climbing facilities offer climbing challenges, fitness, yoga, and programs for all skill levels and ages.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Specialist on our marketing team that delivers high-quality projects on time and within budget. The position has a focus on project management and will serve as a primary point of communication for both Nicros, Inc. and Vertical Endeavors Indoor Climbing Facilities regarding all marketing and advertising efforts. Beyond coordinating marketing projects, the Marketing Specialist will help fulfill strategic design needs, website design & development, and be heavily involved in branding, promotion, tradeshows, general advertising, and social media efforts.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, driven, and have solid marketing experience as well as the skills to manage projects effectively. They will assist in coordinating a team of marketing people, including designers, and will be expected to oversee the promotion of both companies’ products, services, and events, and as such a person with great “multi-tasking” skills is a must. Climbing experience on both artificial walls as well as climbing outdoors and knowledge of the Outdoor Recreational Industry is greatly preferred.
- Project Management: Design, initiate, direct, and monitor marketing projects from beginning to completion.
- Project Analysis: Work with the Senior Leadership, Facility Managers, Program Directors, the Marketing Team, and partnering Vendors to analyze project needs, ensuring that they fit with resourcing, project objectives, and quality standards.
- Communication: Manage important cross team communication by reporting activity and results through the accurate compilation and submission of reports, summaries, evaluations, etc.
- Time Management: Maintain detailed timelines, project plans, hours budgeted for project deliverables, and work schedules.
- Have the flexibility to work within an ever-changing workload by effectively setting, observing, and evaluating team and project priorities.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize as needed to meet expectations.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of each project.
- Assist in leading internal project status meetings and ongoing project schedule updates.
- Assist in the development and management of the marketing budget.
- Coordinate advertising planning and negotiate contracts.
- Develop website, online, and social media strategies and content for Nicros and Vertical Endeavors.
- Manage customer interaction and respond to customer inquiries, investigate problems, develop solutions, and make recommendations to management, the design team, and manufacturing for improvement.
- Provide input for new products, services, events, methods, procedures, and marketing approaches through market research and customer interaction.
- Recommend appropriate changes in products, service, price, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership to create new design, branding, sales strategies, marketing campaigns, digital media designs, print collateral, and product information.
- Monitor competition, research opportunities, and gather current marketplace information on pricing, products, innovations, delivery schedules, merchandizing techniques, web presence, social media, etc.
- Determine and manage detailed email databases and social media calendars.
- Manage the approval, ordering, and invoicing for all marketing projects.
- Examine and analyze marketing results and investments.
- Identify new market opportunities.
- Represent Nicros and Nicros products at industry tradeshows.
- Other jobs around the office, in the shop, or on site as needed.
- Dynamic, personable, motivated, driven, professional, and articulate
- Background in writing, editing, and crafting marketing content
- Organized and attention to detail
- College Degree (minimum Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- 3 or more years of Marketing Project Management Experience or the appropriate equivalent
- Experience with web design & development, graphic design, and MS Office Products (preferred)
- Climbing experience is preferred!
Salary will be determined by experience, knowledge of the climbing industry, and related skills as listed.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com. Once reviewed, our team will contact qualified candidates regarding the next steps. No phone calls please.