PART TIME FITNESS INSTRUCTOR
Company: Vertical Endeavors
Location: Glendale Heights, 246 Windy Point Dr, Glendale Heights, IL 60139
Job Type: Employee, Part Time, Exempt
Years of experience required: 2 years of instruction in yoga & fitness
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
About the Job:
Vertical Endeavors operates some of the largest indoor climbing facilities in the nation with multiple locations throughout in Minnesota and Illinois. People of all ages and abilities can challenge themselves, train, and have fun climbing. Additional programming for kids and adults includes group events, parties, climbing teams, camps, outdoor adventures, fitness, yoga, and more.
We are currently seeking a Part Time Fitness Instructor for the Yoga & Fitness programs at the Glendale Heights Facility. They will teach and substitute regularly scheduled classes, in a Strength & Movement and Mobility formats.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate, hard-working, and well-organized professional with the ability to prioritize a variety of tasks. They must be self-motivated, driven, and have teaching experience in the area of yoga and fitness. Additionally, they will be working with other staff in building and maintaining relationships with the local community in the areas of civic support, social responsibility, and environmental awareness.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide great customer service
- Maintain a healthy relationship with customers, community, and staff
- Guide thoughtfully curated fitness, and/or movement programs and classes
- Create an ongoing, diverse, and engaging class schedule
- Create and update class formats, sequencing, instruction parameters, etc.
- Facilitate an environment that is inclusive, empowering, and dynamic
- Actively integrate into our program and overall community by regularly attending our classes and teacher enrichment workshops
- Enthusiastically and authentically interact with members/students in a professional and friendly manner before and after class
- Contribute blog submissions for the VE Website as needed
- Conduct and prepare regular programs analysis
- Assist with daily front counter operations as necessary. Identify potential customers and their needs through new programs and outreach
Experience and Qualifications:
- Fitness training
- CPR/AED certification
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Display sound judgment and preserve confidentiality
- Lead and manage staff in a constructive manner; act as liaison between departments and facilities
- Able to work both in a team setting and to be self-sufficient
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service and promotional experience
- Climbing experience preferred
- 2+ years of personal training and/or teaching group fitness
- 20-35 Hours per week
- Weekday, evening, and weekend availability
- Must display professionalism and integrity
- Must pass a Criminal Background Check
- Must provide current driver’s license and vehicle insurance
- Available to work special events, competitions, sales events, etc.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Pay will be determined by level of experience and qualifications
- Free membership to the Midwest's premier climbing facilities
- Substantial gear discounts and employee pro deals
Please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once reviewed, our team will contact qualified candidates regarding the next steps. No phone calls please. This position open until filled.