Part Time Seasonal Camp Counselor
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service to all Vertical Endeavors customers
- Maintain company policies and procedures
- Facilitate camper greeting and check-in
- Floor supervision, risk management, and safety of campers
- Camp Program facilitation
- Group games/Ice breakers
- Instructing belay lessons, knot tying, technique lessons, ascending, zip line, rappelling, etc.
- Craft activities (for younger climbers)
- Controlled transitions between activities
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of current programs and products that may appeal to campers and their families.
- VE Youth Climb Team + Club programs
- Birthday Party groups
- Youth climbing equipment
- Winter Break and Spring Break day-long camps
- Prioritize facility presentation by maintaining a clean and organized environment in all areas of the facility throughout each shift.
Experience and Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with both children and adults
- Flexibility and willingness to be scheduled at VEM, VES, & VEB for week long camps.
- Friendly, outgoing, and enthusiastic while maintaining the ability to follow and enforce safety rules
- Works well with others and has a desire to foster positive community
- Displays good judgment and a strong work ethic
- Self-motivated individuals with a strong desire to keep learning
- Minimum 1-year climbing experience required
- Minimum 1-year employment or volunteer experience with school-aged youth preferred
- Customer service and sales experience preferred
- First Aid training preferred
- Attend Mandatory Camp Staff Training in May/June
- 35-40 Hours per week (availability for scheduling June - August)
- Daytime Shifts M-F, 8:30am- 3:30pm
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Must display professionalism and integrity
Benefits and Compensation
- Pay will be determined by level of experience and qualifications
- Free summer membership to all Vertical Endeavors’ facilities
- Substantial gear discounts and employee pro deals
To apply, fill out our general employment application.