Part Time Shift Manager
Vertical Endeavors is committed to leveraging its rich history of thoughtful innovation in the indoor rock climbing industry to make rock climbing accessible, educational, challenging, and fun for new and veteran climbers alike. Shift Mangers lead their team of front counter staff, climbing instructors, coaching staff, and group facilitators as they oversee the risk management, sales, administrative, and customer service-aspects of daily operations. Applicants should be someone who can lead by example, discern appropriate situational responses to critical issues that may arise, and be excited about sharing their love of climbing with everyone who comes into a Vertical Endeavors’ climbing facility.
Duties + Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service to members and guests
- Prioritize facility presentation by maintaining a clean and organized environment in all areas of the facility throughout each shift.
- Greet customers, check them in, and operate a computerized point-of-sale (POS) system
- Administrate Opening and Closing Shift Procedures
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of current programs and products
- Communicate clearly with customers and deal gracefully with customer service complaints and issues.
- Responsible for facilitating Risk Management, Safety and Floor Supervision
- Schedule, book and facilitate lessons, clinics, group events, and other programs
- Potential to work as a rock climbing instructor and/or youth team coach based on facility needs
- Train, direct, oversee, and manage staffing team
- Troubleshoot and provide assistance to staff in the proper use and functionality of the facility’s Point of Sale software.
Experience and Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability lead a staffing team
- Friendly, outgoing, and enthusiastic while maintaining the ability to follow and enforce safety rules
- Works well with others and has a desire to foster positive community
- Displays good judgment and a strong work ethic
- Self-motivated individuals with a strong desire to keep learning
- Customer service and sales experience required
- Previous management experience a plus
- 2 years climbing experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 shifts per week
- Evening and weekend availability required
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Must display professionalism and integrity
Benefits and Compensation
- Pay will be determined by level of experience and qualifications
- Free membership to all Vertical Endeavors’ locations
- Substantial gear discounts and employee pro deals
- Full-time and flexible, part-time schedules available
To apply, fill out our general employment application.