Full Time Assistant Facility Manager
Vertical Endeavors 25 year commitment to indoor rock climbing is well-known. Rooted in the Midwest, we strive each day to uphold ourselves to the highest standards. Our facilities are located as far east as Chicago and as far north as Duluth. Our Duluth location, located on Canal Park in Duluth, MN, is currently hiring!
We are seeking a self-motivated individual to fill the role of Assistant Facility Manager at the Twin Cities Bouldering gym in St. Paul, MN. The defining role of this position is the planning of events, developing, and implementing plans for community engagement. While there are other responsibilities and expectations that is the skill being prioritized for this role.
Our goal is to host events on a monthly basis. Events such as competitions, fundraisers for local non-profits, parties, member engagement activities, or something else entirely will be the decision and responsibility of the individual who fills this position.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to lead, plan, and implement successful social events. They will be self-motivated, independent, reliable, and creative, in addition to being a climber that values community connection.
In general, the Facility and Assistant Facility Managers lead their team of inspired, motivated individuals focused on providing legendary customer service in the climbing industry. Vertical Endeavors requires staff who make facility safety a high priority while embracing the concepts of sales, facility appearance, and member engagement. We expect a brand ambassador for Vertical Endeavors who is visionary, innovative, eager, and passionate about climbing. The Assistant Facility Manager works with the Facility Manager to administrate all business operations, including daily operations of the facility, training, coaching and supervising staff, adhering to industry-best safety standards, sales, program management, event planning, community engagement, and fiduciary accountability.
We hope to start the interview process for this position in April with the goal of hiring this individual by mid-May of 2022.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Facility Manager to oversee facility operations
- Must have a passion and dedication to Customer Service
- Believe, learn, and execute risk management standards of Vertical Endeavors
- Control inventory and perform monthly physical inventory counts
- Coordinate and help market a variety of climbing programs
- Control expenses and maintain profitability
- Make sure facility inspections are performed on a regular and timely basis
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the facility
- Promote team morale and set a positive example for staff
- Strong commitment to leading by example and showing initiative
- Facilitate a variety of group climbing events – prior experience preferred
- Maintain all safety, training and financial documentation
- Be an inspirational leader of a team of high-performing employees
- Maintain company policies and procedures
- Handle unusual circumstances including customer complaints
- Climbing equipment sales
- Process daily facility reports
- Staff Scheduling
Experience and Qualifications
- Work with the Facility Manager, Staff, Executive Leadership, and the Marketing Team to conceive of then plan events, ensure that they fit with resourcing, company objectives, and quality standards.
- Manage important team communication regarding community engagement and marketing goals, ideas, plans, and programming.
- Maintain detailed timelines, project plans, project and event budgets, hours budgeted for project deliverables, and program schedules for marketing projects and community events.
- Have the flexibility to work within an ever-changing workload by effectively setting, observing, and evaluating facility and project priorities.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize as needed to meet expectations.
- Assist in the development and management of an event budget for the facility.
- Coordinate advertising planning and negotiate contracts for community events for the facility.
- Assist the Marketing Team in website, online, and social media strategies and content for the facility and Vertical Endeavors, in general.
- Manage customer interaction and resolve customer complaints, investigate problems, develop solutions, and make recommendations to management, the Marketing Team, and key stakeholders for improvement in future events and community engagement.
- Provide input for new programs, events, methods, procedures, and marketing approaches through market research and customer interaction.
- Recommend appropriate changes in branding, programming, price, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Assist the Marketing Team in determining and managing email, website, and social media strategies.
- Manage the approval, ordering, and invoicing for all event and community engagement projects for the facility.
- Represent Vertical Endeavors and the Twin Cities Bouldering facility at community events and marketing opportunities.
- Work schedule based on the needs of the business, including evening and weekends
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a vehicle with insurance and good driving record
- Must have demonstrated the ability to plan and manage events from inception to completion.
Benefits and Compensation
- Pay will be determined by level of experience and qualifications
- Free membership to the Midwest's premier climbing facilities
- Substantial gear discounts and employee pro deals
- Incentive/Bonus program based on facility operation and profitability
- Retirement Program once eligible
- Life Insurance
- Medical & dental benefits
To apply, fill out our general employment application.