Company: Vertical Endeavors
Location: Twin Cities Bouldering, 2550 Wabash Avenue, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55114
Job Type: Contract
Years of experience required: 2+ years of personal training and/or teaching group fitness
About the Job:
Vertical Endeavors operates some of the largest indoor climbing facilities in the nation with multiple locations throughout in Minnesota and Illinois. People of all ages and abilities can challenge themselves, train, and have fun climbing. Additional programming for kids and adults includes group events, parties, climbing teams, camps, outdoor adventures, fitness, yoga, and more.
Join the team as one of our instructors! The environment is energetic, dynamic, inclusive, and empowering. Our program is a contemporary and progressive approach to teaching, which emphasizes modern biomechanics and exercise science.
We are seeking qualified fitness instructors to offer HIIT and circuit classes. Instructors mayalso have an opportunity to take on additional classes and substitute when needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enthusiastically and authentically greet and interact with members/students in a professional and friendly manner before and after class
- Prepare curriculum for HIIT and circuit classes
- Facilitate an environment that is inclusive, empowering, and dynamic
- Actively integrate into our program and overall community by regularly attending our classes and teacher enrichment workshops
Experience and Qualifications:
- Applicable certifications and qualifications
- Understanding of anatomy and physiology
- 2+ years of personal training and/or teaching group fitness
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Current independent contractor liability insurance
- Early morning availability (6:00am – 7:30am)
- Schedule flexibility/ability to sub classes for colleagues
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Accommodate different levels of fitness by offering modifications
- Must display professionalism and integrity
Benefits and Compensation:
- Pay will be determined by level of experience and qualifications
- Free membership to the Midwest's premier climbing facilities
- Substantial gear discounts and employee pro deals
- Flexible, part-time schedule
Please email your resume and availability to email@example.com for Twin Cities Boulder or VE-Minneapolis applications or Slyvia@verticalendeavors.com for all VE- Glendale Heights, IL location.