VIDL Camp is our Vertical Initiative for Distance Learning program for school-aged children (grades 2-8) offered as a resource for parents and families while navigating Covid-19 related closures as schools move to digital and distance learning. While our facilities will be closed to both members and the public for four (4) weeks as Minnesota "Dials back" in response to increased Covid-19 rates, Vertical Endeavors is pivoting to provide a safe space and the necessary supervision to help school-aged children complete their distance learning tasks. VIDL Camp's mission is to create a space where youth can thrive during these unique and uncertain times.
Rock climbing improves coordination, increases focus, and enhances strength, both physically and mentally. By combining rock climbing activities with a dedicated space to focus and do coursework; VIDL Camp can balance school-structured learning with fun physical activity all while building your child’s confidence both on and off the wall. VIDL Camp specifically caters to 2nd through 8th grades. In addition to delivering support for distance online learning and climbing programs, VIDL camp will also offer other socially-distanced enrichment options for participants while our facility is closed to the general public.
8am-2pm : $79/day
8am-2pm : $79/day
Families will get a 10% discount for registering multiple siblings.
VE – Bloomington
9601 James Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55431
VE – St. Paul
855 Phalen Blvd
St Paul, MN 55106
- Upon arrival each day, all participants will undergo a health screening. If the health screening is not passed, the participant will not be allowed to attend camp that week. Camp bookings may be refunded or rescheduled for a later date. Parents, guardians, or other family members are not permitted to enter the facility at this time. Program staff will escort participants into the facility after drop off.
- Please pick up participants on time. We will assess a late fee of $20 for every 15 minutes that a family is tardy in checking out and picking up a participant. After 15 minutes, Vertical Endeavors will begin contacting Emergency Contacts listed for the participant.
- Face coverings are required at all times in the facility, except during snack and lunch times. Families must provide all food for their participants. Please remember that anything made of or including peanuts is not allowed under any circumstances.
- Hands must be washed and/or sanitized upon entry, during program time, and when leaving the facility. Program staff will frequently remind children throughout the day.
- Physical distancing will be maintained during online learning time, climbing, and other activities. Camp staff will frequently remind children throughout the day to keep a safe physical distance from other campers.
- Groups will be no larger than 10 campers per pod. We must have a minimum of seven (7) participants to run a pod. Our facility can accommodate up to three (3) separate pods. Vertical Endeavors requires a ratio of 1 staff member for every 10 participants.
- Program staff will take necessary measures in the case of illness, injury, or an emergency. Parents, guardians, or authorized individuals will be contacted for any serious issues or emergencies.
- Please notify us if a child will be expected to miss camp for non-medical and medical reasons. No refunds or credit will be issued for missed camp days unless we are to close due to an emergency.
- Vertical Endeavors is not a school or day care facility. We will support your child with distance learning, including providing technical assistance and helping them stay on task. However parents, families, and teachers are ultimately responsible for their participant's academic endeavors and results. Vertical Endeavors disclaims any responsibility for a particular outcome or result of a participant's distance learning.
- Physical Activity is an integral part of the VIDL Camp program. Dress in clothes that are comfortable to move in.
- If participants are occasionally unprepared for distance learning sessions or are unprepared to complete their offline homework or classroom assignments, Vertical Endeavors will provide alternative quiet activity. repeated inability to distance learn or complete assignments will result in dismissal from the program.
- No equipment (school or climbing related) is to be shared between participants or staff. Rental climbing equipment is provided at no additional cost, however participants are welcome to bring their own gear if they would like.
- Families must supply to Vertical Endeavors all relevant information for their participant's distance learning (school district, school, grade, teacher's name, online learning schedule, special considerations)
- Families must provide Vertical Endeavors with all necessary tools for their participant's distance learning including, but not limited to, electronic devices (tablet, headphones, laptop, power supply), and log in information for all software
- Due to the amount of screen time needed for distance learning, VE will discourage the non-essential use of cell phones, iPads/tablets, and other electronics during non-school times
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
All participants must sign our Liability Waiver and Rules Agreement.